Friday, December 4, 2020

Week 13: EOTOs pt2

 Whistleblowers

I first learned about whistleblowers in my business ethics class and once I heard this was a thing, I was torn between "oh good" and "oh no". 

In terms of the whistleblowers themselves, they are unbelievably brave for calling out the place that employs them for their wrongdoings. I think whistleblowers should be more normalized and less of a scary thing to become.

Once you whistleblow on a company you start to risk your entire left depending on how big the issue was. 

The Panama Papers are one way to look at the dangers of whistleblowing. When these important papers were leaked, nothing really happened to the people that were involved. These people were blatantly avoiding tax and no one did anything to fix this problem. The only thing that did happen from this event was that the reporter Daphne Anne Caruana Galizia was murdered. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Papers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15: Audit Your Online Presence

  Social Media In relation to the “I’m 14 and I quit social media” article, I completely understand how the girl feels about suddenly knowin...