Thursday, December 3, 2020

Week 11: Privacy, Online and Off

 Privacy

The thought of the government and large corporations using our data is quite terrifying. Governments using the excuse of "it's safer" or "beneficial for the country's safety" is just bogus. 

Encrypting data on all apps, software, and hardware should be a rule all developers have to follow. No platform should not encrypt data and it should be optional to get a VPN, but VPNs are the one way to know all your data will be secure and safe. 

Me and my friends always use VPNs, clear our cookies often, use browsers that don't mine data, and more. The only time I ever use google now is for google drive so that my essays and presentations can be accessed from either of my computers. 


^This the H@CK3R stealing everyone's data 


Ted Talk I liked about privacy:

 https://www.ted.com/talks/will_cathcart_the_future_of_digital_communication_and_privacy#t-303656



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15: Audit Your Online Presence

  Social Media In relation to the “I’m 14 and I quit social media” article, I completely understand how the girl feels about suddenly knowin...